Beauty

How To Be Pretty (Inside And Out)

8 Habits Of Beautiful People

What makes a person beautiful? Is it their outfit? Plump lips? Or maybe it’s their confidence? While these things might help, there are other, more meaningful ways of being more beautiful! Most of us want to know how to be pretty, and I know it sounds so cliche, but a lot of it really does come from within!

Ever notice that ‘average’ looking woman walk in to a room and light it up?! Everyone’s drawn to her energy. That’s because attraction is much more than skin deep. And we all want to feel attractive!

Feeling beautiful, inside and out improves your self esteem and your self confidence. We are all beautiful, but sometimes we just need a little help seeing it!

What Makes A Person Beautiful?

Beautiful people take care of themselves! When you take care of yourself, you’ll be happier, more confident and therefore- more I gorgeous!

When Was The Last Time You Really Felt Beautiful?

What were you doing? What were you wearing? Where were you? Who were you with? And why did you feel beautiful?

Chances are you indulged in a little self-care, felt confident and were SMILING! All things that make you feel- beauty! Your clothes probably made you feel great, and maybe you were with people you love! Surround yourself with people who make you feel beautiful and confident! Beauty is a feeling that actually comes from within. It’s not a look!

Here are 8 tips that will have you feeling and looking great!

How To Be Pretty

De-stress. Beautiful people know how to manage stress! Stress wrecks havok on your appearance.

Our skin reacts to stress with inflammation, decreased blood flow, allergic reactions such as hives, acne, rosacea and weigh gain.

Your skin also becomes dry and thin, and more prone to damage. Source.

Meditation and relaxation can help calm your mind and body. If you suffer from psoriasis or rosacea, you know the power stress has over your skin condition- causing flare ups… and more stress:( Beautiful People don’t let the little things get to them! I know, easier said than done!

These Essential oils help me de-stress!

Get Adequate Sleep. Beautiful people make sleep a priority! You can’t feel gorgeous when you’re groggy! This is so important when it comes to your overall health and well-being.

It’s hard to feel beautiful with dark circles and blood shot eyes. Poor sleep quality can lead to increased stress, breakouts, anxiety and even depression.

Hydrate. Beautiful people hydrate! If you’re thirsty, you’re probably already dehydrated. Make sure you carry a bottle of water around to sip on to stay hydrated throughout the day.

Hydrated skin is plump, glowing and gorgeous! You should aim for 8 cups a day, and no coffee does not count– sorry:(

Take care of your body. Beautiful people take care of their body! Ten minutes of exercise a day is better than none!

If you don’t have time to go to the gym, just set aside 10 minutes a day to do a simple stretch, or go for a walk around the block. Get your body moving! Eat healthy, vibrant foods. You are what you eat!

Give a compliment. Beautiful people make other’s feel good! TRY IT!

When you compliment someone else, somehow you instantly feel better about yourself! Helping others is a beautiful thing!

Proper skin care. Beautiful people take care of their skin.

When it comes to beauty products – I make my skin, my top priority before fashion, makeup or hair care etc. I consider it an investment because I’m going to be in it for the rest of my life and great skin, unlike shoes, never goes out of style.

We aren’t all born with the good skin gene. Many of us suffer from acne, oily skin, dry skin, wrinkles or psoriasis causing embarrassment, low-esteem and stress. Which, in turn wrecs further havoc on our skin and hair. It’s a vicious cycle.

Want to know how to get clear, following skin? Check out my fave skin care routine products:

Vitamin C and Retin A work for nearly all skin types, except super sensitive skin! They both work to exfoliate your skin to reveal fresher, brighter, healthier skin!

Be confident! Beautiful people are comfortable with themselves. Wear what makes you happy! Try new things and find your personal style.

Confidence is not just something you feel inside, it shows on the outside! What makes you unique is what makes you beautiful! Own it!

Smile! Beautiful people smile! You’ll instantly look prettier with a smile! And if you take proper care of your teeth, even better! Pearly whites will definitely make you look healthy and vibrant!

What makes you feel beautiful? When do you feel your best? Want to know how to be pretty? For me- it’s when I get a good night’s sleep and wake up on the right side of the bed (I’m not a morning person). And when my skin is clear and the sun is shining and I’ve just had a cup of coffee, I feel my best:)

Share The Love. Pin Me Please!

How to be pretty

Steph Social

I’m Steph, a former journalist from Canada 🇨🇦 I created Stephsocial.com to share blogging, branding, marketing, and lifestyle tips with you!
Want a blog like mine? Send me a message and I’ll show you how!

52 Comments

1. Czjai Reyes-Ocampo says:

Yes to double cleansing and wearing sunscreen! I hardly wear makeup these days because it’s summer, but I never leave the house without sunscreen on. 🙂

1. Best thing u can do for your skin! When we are older, we will be so glad we did:)

2. You give some great advice here. Looking healthy does make a person feel good and if you look healthy you probably feel healthy too!

1. Yep! I see so many people just try and cover up with tons of makeup but forget to take care of themselves as a whole! And it shows!

3. Yes, it definitely makes me happier because I feel like I’m taking good care of myself and self love is most important!

4. Yes to sunscreen for sure – not enough people are using it and are ruining their skin! Not to mention the risks of skin cancer!

5. I’ve heard quite a bit about double cleansing and it makes so much sense that it would make your skin healthier, brighter and cleaner. Sunscreen is 100% a must too!

6. Kate Murray says:

Definitely feel best when I get a good night sleep as well! Oh, and when my hair looks great and the kids are being kind to one another too! 🙂

1. Ya, you know those rare days! Lol

7. Great advices! I have never heard about double cleansing. I am excited to try it as soon as possible!

1. What have you got to lose?! I think you’ll love it!

8. I am a minimalist when it comes to my skin/beauty regime. My skin doesn’t like much of anything so I use Cetaphil and I am done!

9. Very interesting thought processes here! I’ve found as I’ve gotten older that less is more. But I also think you need to just do what makes you feel awesome.

10. When we take care of ourselves, we will look healthier and feel more beautiful. Being beautiful is not superficial, its all about self love and self care.

11. Elizabeth O says:

Whenever I get enough sleep I feel very refreshed. Feeling beautiful I believe starts with inner peace. Everything else follows.

12. Kiwi says:

Healthy beauty tips can make you happier. I think manufactured beauty can make you obsess over and over if you are good enough no matter how hard you try.

13. banx63 says:

Exercise and water are the secret weapons. That and having loads of meat and dairy free days. This makes me feel much better….

14. Feeling pretty can help you feel less insecure and make you happier but it’s definitely not the key to happiness 🙂

15. Thanks for sharing these nice tips on self care and how it can help to enhance your beauty. Maintaining a regular routine of healthy habits definitely helps in a glowing body, mind and skin.

16. I have started focusing more on my skin health and it has made such a difference. I wish I would have started sooner.

1. It’s never too late!!

17. I feel my best when I’ve been to the salon and had my hair, nails, and waxing done. Something about all the pampering you get just makes me feel confident and pretty.

18. I love your advice! People don’t usually think of beauty being healthy but it can definitely be healthy for the mind! Makeup is a form of creativity and I love how you expressed that!

1. Thank you 🙏 it’s so true that beauty comes from within! And when you’re healthy, you Glow! Glow girl, Glow!

19. We definitely see a correlation between self care and confidence. Confidence makes us happy!

20. Rosey A says:

I didn’t know retin made your skin more susceptible to the sun. That’s good to know!

21. Surekha Busa says:

Oh I agree, it’s really connected, cuz whenever I see myself in the mirror, and then I get satisfied with my looks that makes me happy.. ☺️

22. Lyosha Varezhkina says:

awesome advise! i also believe mental shows on a face – so happy and healthy person will look absolutely beautiful to me.

23. themimiodyssey says:

Absolutely true! Our outer appearance may not be everything, but our mental and emotional state are definitely reflected on the way we look. Great post!

24. Thanks for sharing some amazing advice. Your blog is enriching. It just enhances my knowledge of the topic.

25. It’s all about creating the mind set that you want to be in. Think it is true and it shall be!

26. jeannette9712gmailcom says:

You are right health and beauty are connected. I know because when I am thin and working out I feel beautiful. When I am how I am now, I feel disgusting.

27. Rosey A says:

The double cleaning method is one I’ve done from time to time. I could be more consistent with it. I feel my best when I know my skin is at its cleanest though.

28. Hannah Marie says:

I think it varies differently depending on one’s perception about what beauty really is. I agree with all the things that you said here. Nevertheless, no matter how much fancy clothes and make up you wear if you are not confident, it may be just a loss.

29. I do need to excercise more. I know it makes me feel better and makes my skin look better. I need more time in the day!!!

30. Water, lot of water… that’s my secret. Also a healthy mind. You have to feel great on the inside.

31. Alexandra Cook says:

I would definitely say it does. If it helps your self confidence, anything can be good for you.

32. I feel like having a healthy mind is really important. Beauty is after all in the eye of the beholder!

33. swathiiyer says:

I don’t thin so, I think good mind is best thing to make us happier.

34. Beauty makes me more than happy and thus I have a simple doable routine to keep my skin healthy and silky soft.

35. This is also true! When I take care of myself I typically feel better!

36. This is an interesting look into the power beauty has over our emotions. I think it has its perks to look and feel good.

1. You are so pretty! Thanks for your sweet comment 💕

37. I can totally feel a difference when I take care of myself verses when I am feeling lazy. I also really need to buy new sunscreen! I need to remember to put it on my face every day. Great read Stephanie.

1. Sunscreen is the best anti-aging product you can buy! Never skip it:) thank you 🙏

38. Great article! I wanted to add that I notice I look and feel more beautiful if I don’t consume alcohol. That bloated, pale, red-faced, clammy look doesn’t do me any favors! 🙂

1. So true!! Alcohol makes me look and feel like crap! Beauty comes from within and if you treat your body right, it’ll show 🙂
      Thanks for reading! And I appreciate you taking the time to comment:)

39. […] 8 Things That Make You Look (And Feel) More Attractive […]

40. it is so helping
    i liked it
    wish you success!

41. Can I get some tips for clear and beautiful looking skin?🦄

1. I’ve got two posts for beautiful, glowing skin! I highly recommend vitamin c! And a retinol! Both work for nearly all skin types- except for really sensitive! They get rid of acne and oily skin, prevent and treat wrinkles and more!
      Check out —> https://stephsocial.com/2019/08/31/tips-for-glowing-skin/
      And —> https://stephsocial.com/2019/03/25/benefits-of-retin-a/

What do you think? Let me know below:)