Mindfulness Activities To Turn Your Life Back ON!
Not feeling like yourself lately? You’re going about your day to day life, existing, but not truly living! You’re so busy, that you’ve lost sight of what really matters. You need some joy and passion! Well enough is enough. It’s time to take back the wheel and get your drive for life back on track!
Most days I’ll admit, I feel like a zombie. I’m tired and overwhelmed. Wanting something more, I’ve been searching for ways to live a more meaningful and fulfilling life! Turns out, I was spending much of my life on autopilot.
I make the dinner, watch the tv show, pick out the clothes… without putting much thought in to it. Things have become so routine, that they are just motions now.
The really devastating part about living life on autopilot, especially when it comes to your relationships, is that you don’t even know that you’re doing it half the time.
You’re just living your life, wishing for more, but not really sure if there is more or how to get it. While many people live out their entire lives on autopilot (which is truly sad), the way to have truly rewarding and successful lives and relationships is to be totally aware and adaptable when it comes to life. So, how do you do that?
Realizing you may be living on auto-pilot is the first step in getting back your life.
You might be living on autopilot if:
- You’re a people pleaser. If you’re on autopilot, you might be doing things to please others, rather than really think about what you want and need.
- You’re always busy. If you never pause, how can you reflect on how you feel and what’s going on in your head. Life is busy, but be sure to take a few moments for yourself. Even if it’s just the moments in the shower or on the drive to work.
- Life is going by so fast. Living on autopilot will put your life in overdrive, flying by! It’s only when you slow down, that your life can slow down and you can really enjoy!
- You feel unfulfilled. How can you enjoy a life that feels rushed and mundane? You can live the same life, but with more purpose!
- You suffer from brain fog. Brain fog is caused by mental exhaustion. You need to slow down in order to achieve mental clarity!
- You’re easily agitated. Stress and overwhelm can wreck havok on your emtions, making you feel more frustrated than usual. It’s time for a break, before you have a break-down!
How do you start living your life with more purpose and turn off the autopilot? Here are some mindfulness activities to help you fall in love with your life again!
Mindfulness Activities To Help You Re-Connect
1. Stop and smell the roses (literally:). Take time to notice all the little things around you that you always used to look at when you were six.
2. Think about your short and long-term goals. Do you still have those? And if so – have you forgotten them? Re-write that list and start working on accomplishing your next short-term goal.
3. Remember your relationship? When was the last time you did something new with him/her? When was the last time you even wanted to? Start thinking about your relationship and stop just “being in it”.
4. Make a dream board. Nothing will help you design the life you love more than visualizing it! Use pictures of things that bring you happiness and inspirational quotes.
5. Practice gratitude. I like to keep a gratitude journal. You’ll instantly feel so much better about your life, when you make a mental note to recall all of the good things you have to be thankful for! Even if it’s just a roof over your head, a best friend, a pet, dinner, wifi… there are so many things to be grateful for than millions don’t have.
6. Journal. Journaling is an amazing way to connect with what’s going on in your mind. It ‘forces’ you to think about your own thoughts and feelings. Writing them down makes them more ‘real’.
7. Connect, with friends, family and yourself. Connections bring meaning and happiness!
8. Discover what you value most! For many of us, it’s time. We feel like we don’t get enough of it because we focus on the fact that it’s limited rather than really enjoying all the moments we have! We are thinking… worrying more about the future more than the present.
9. Finally, if you are on autopilot there’s a reason why. Your life is out of balance. It’s either too stressful, too complicated, too boring, or you have surrendered your life to the “routine”. Take one day this week and really think about your life. Your relationship. How can you change things up? Make them interesting? How can you get back in balance and in love with your life again?
Use these mindfulness activities to help you fall in love with your wonderful life again!