#quarantinelife has me dreaming of a tropical vacation, or really anywhere other than my living room.
If you’re stuck at home, why not show yourself and your home some love by creating a beautiful sanctuary, right where you live now!
With just a few simple changes and a fresh perspective, you can have your own paradise no matter where you live!
Let’s create a beautiful oasis you’ll love so much, you may never wanna leave!
It doesn’t have to be an expensive project. I’m not talking about a full kitchen Reno, although that would be nice one day:)
Start with a spring cleaning, then add some new curtains, paint that old table or dresser with a bright new shade, open up your windows and let some fresh air in, spark up a beachy scented candle, and pick up a few, fun pieces of decor. You can do this for for just a couple hundred bucks and feel fabulous, every day!!
You’ll be surprised at what a new rug, essential oils, a mirror and candle will do for not only a room, but your mood!
Although it’s important to strive toward making your dreams a reality, you’ll live a happier existence in the meantime if you work to create your own paradise wherever you live.
Try some of these tips to ensure you’re living your best life in the here-and-now:
1. Accept where you’re living. Whether you’re in a one-bedroom apartment or your great aunt’s condo downtown, for now, you’re calling it home.
This is your own bit of paradise for today. Tell yourself that you’re okay living where you live because it’s simply a stepping stone that will lead you to the place you want to eventually be.
If it’s not exactly what you want, you can at least use what you have to make a space you love!
2. Set the mood. Your home decor creates not only the mood of the room, but it can affect how you feel as well. Do you want an upbeat vibe or an earthy tone? Add some new decor and see how your mood changes. Create a space with things you love and you’ll be so much happier at home.
• If you prefer to set a calm and tranquil tone in your own little heaven, use calmer colors like sage greens, beige, and mocha to present a more serene picture when you enter the room.
• No matter where you live, you can set the mood you want most by painting your walls and using evocative colors.
Steph is an Amazon affiliate. This post contains links and if you click through and make a purchase, she will make a commission at no cost to you! Thank you!
My Picks For An At Home Paradise
A salt lamp sends out calming vibes while apparently absorbing toxins in your home!
How pretty is this wall hanging? It makes me smile every time I see it!
Every cozy space needs an even cozier rug and it doesn’t get any cushier than this!
This boho pretty wall hanging will cheer up any decor and makes a great backdrop for photos!
If you like the moon as much as I do, you’ll love this hanging up in your home!
Everyone should be told this every, single day! This mirror is a little reminder that ‘you’re like really pretty’!
This is so bright and fun! Add some tropical vibes wherever you live with this fun pineapple pillow.
These positive affirmation pillows are a beautiful reminder that life is amazing!
And every room needs a cozy throw blanket! This one adds a chic elegance and is so versatile it suits nearly every decor, and every vibe!
These candles smell so good, they’ll take you away!
3. Consider options for your comfort. Do you want a new comfy couch? Maybe you need a more efficient desk to sit at when you’re working at home. Perhaps different lighting fixtures would help brighten up your space!
• The key to creating your sanctuary is to set up each room exactly how you want it. This can be done on a budget, too.
You don’t have to invest a fortune to create the look and feel that you desire. Consignment shops and thrift stores can be great sources for inexpensive items for your new look.
Register for my FREE shining spaces workbook!
4. Learn to love the home you have. Find parts of your home that bring you joy!
Maybe it’s the way the sun comes in the east window of the kitchen in the mornings. Or the open concept layout between the kitchen, dining, and living room areas.
Notice and take full advantage of what you do like about your home. And then improve the spaces you don’t like as much!
5. Check out design websites, apps, and books for décor ideas. Look for inspiration such as furniture arrangement, carefully placed treasures, wall colors, and use of textiles to obtain the look and feel you want.
Recognize that regardless of the size and location of your home, there are countless ways to turn your home into a paradise space you love! Use this time to invest in yourself and your home with little ways to make you happier and healthier:)