Stress is part of life, especially when you’re a parent (and an entrepreneur). Life is hectic and if I am not careful I find myself slowly going crazy! Stress is something that can build up if you don’t take the time to reduce it and focus on self care!
I’ve put together a list of 25 ways I keep my cool when I feel the stress building up! If you’re feeling the stress, try a few of these and I guarantee you’ll feel better!
- Share a meal with someone you love.
- Take some deep breaths.
- Try colouring or doodling!
- Lie down.
- Take the focus off of you and help someone else. This works wonders for me, every time!
- Ask your kids about their day and really listen to their answers.
- Take a break from your challenges just for a short while. Sometimes everything on your plate may just be too much.
- Go out for an evening with your partner or friend(s).
- Get out into nature.
- Listen to music.
- Let it go. No really, whatever is stressing you out just let it go. What harm would it actually do to just let it go and let things play out without you trying to control the outcome?
- Go to the gym to work out.
- Give yourself a break. Remind yourself that nobody’s perfect.
- Talk to someone about your stress.
- Journal your feelings.
- Get lost in a good book!
- Watch your favorite comedy on television or rent a funny movie!
- Call a relative.
- Call a counselor.
- Go to the movies.
- Play with your children!
- Cook something that you love.
- Use visualization to watch your stress drain from your body or float up, up and away! Sit in silence and picture your stress leaving your body. Take deep breaths in and breath out fully.
Stress Relieving Essential Oil Blend
Essential oils are so powerful. Aromatherapy has the ability to change how you feel! That’s why I always have some sort of concoction in my diffuser:) Here are my favourite essential oils to relieve stress fast!! These essential oils are proven to calm you down when you feel overwhelmed and hectic!
Lavender oil. Lavender is soothing and calming and can instantly make you feel better when you’re feeling down!
Chamomile oil. We’ve all heard about chamomile tea for its calming effects. Well, chamomile oil can relieve stress, reduce anxiety and help you sleep!
Orange oil. Orange oil is uplifting! The sweet citrus scent boosts your mood and provides energy!
Try diffusing any of these oils, or all of them together and you’ll feel the relief!
Stress is a natural part of life, but how you handle it and take care of yourself can really make a difference!