50 Affirmations For Self Love
If we can give so much of your love to others, even some people who don’t really deserve it, why do we struggle when it comes to self-love? Start with noticing how you talk to and about yourself! Reading daily affirmations for self love can encourage positive self talk and a better mindset!
Show yourself some love with these self care Sunday ideas.
Self love isn’t just looking into the mirror and saying ‘I love myself’ or ‘I am worthy’, although that’s a good place to start. It takes time and work to change your mindset and truly overcome self doubt and low self esteem.
Self Love Quotes
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection”
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
— Lucille Ball
Loving yourself means making yourself a priority. It’s an important part of being happy and able to manifest what you want in life. Self-love can change your whole life, how you see yourself and others.
Self-love sounds kinda cheesy and even vain, but I promise if you just hear me out you’ll see why it’s so important!
Most of us have fallen in love with the wrong person or loved someone who didn’t love us back. And in that, is always a lesson. Falling in love is easy. You can fall in love without even trying… Without even wanting to! That’s the easy part. Learning WHO to give that love to is a little more tricky. Self-love is the best love, but it’s often over-looked.
Check out my latest book- The 30 DayJourney To Self Love.
It’s easy to get so caught up in loving and caring for others, that we have little time for ourselves. But the good news is, it only takes a few minutes to remind yourself that you are worthy of your love! It’s as simple as writing it on your mirror ’I love who I am’ or ’I am worthy of my love’ or something along those lines.
Self love starts with positive self talk. How many times have you complimented someone (sometimes when you don’t even mean it) to make them feel good? But, do you give yourself the same compliments? Remind yourself that you are worthy, deserving, and awesome!
The Importance Of Self Love Affirmations
Self-love starts inside and has a lot to do with our mindset. It’s about being intentional- more aware of your thoughts and how you think of yourself. Many of us have fallen into the habits of self-doubt, negative self-talk and fear. Our thoughts and perspectives are created mainly by habits. And when we think of ourselves negatively, we are only going to attract more negative.
Habits are formed through repetition. Reading positive affirmations daily can help reverse negative self-talk and change your mindset from self-doubt to self-love!
50 Inspiring Self Love Affirmations
- Self-love means accepting who I am.
- I’m far more than just a physical body. I am a soul full of love.
- My soul deserves to be nutured.
- Beneath my exterior is a soul that deserves to be honored. It forms the essence of my being and is meant to be treated with respect.
- Self-love means accepting who I am on the inside. The perspective of the outside world is irrelevant.
- When I achieve a sincere love for the person I am on the inside, positive self-talk occurs naturally.
- Building self-love happens from the inside out.
- Becoming worthy of love starts with having a character of integrity.
- I treat myself with the same love and respect I treat others.
- I am worthy of a passionate life.
- I ensure that each of my interactions with others is handled openly and honestly.
- I am trustworthy and proud to be a person who speaks from the heart.
- I deserve my love and my time.
- My honesty inspires others to put their trust in me.
- Knowing that I am a safe place for others gives me a good feeling about myself.
- I also approach others with kindness, regardless of the relationship we share.
- Leading with kindness makes room for peaceful resolution and effective collaboration.
- I promote positivity.
- Although I have flaws, my positive traits far exceed anything that I sometimes feel insecure about.
- I celebrate my strengths and embrace my imperfections.
- There is so much about me that is lovable.
- Today, I am exactly the person who I am supposed to be, and I love every ounce of my being.
- There is power in truly accepting myself just the way I am.
- With confidence, I go through each day conquering big challenges and feeling proud of my victories.
- I repeat affirmations. I fill my head with positive self-talk.
Self Love Affirmations & How To Love Yourself
There are so many ways to boost your self-love. Buy yourself some flowers. Have a bubble bath with epsom salts and essential oils. Breath in the scents and allow yourself to relax every bone in your body.
Eat an entire pie (I don’t judge. I’m probably do that right now). Bake another pie. Spend time by a creek, lake or forest! Watch your favourite movies:)
Some important mental steps in order to truly begin to love yourself:
Forgive yourself! Forgive yourself for allowing negative behaviors in the past. Forgive your past mistakes and commit to your future self. Make a commitment that you will love yourself from now on.
Quit blaming yourself! Stop blaming yourself for things that have gone wrong in your life! Don’t blame others either. Life is full of circumstances and situations beyond our control and it’s not important who is at fault, it’s only important that you are still here. Give yourself the credit you deserve.
Think happy thoughts! Let go of negative feelings like self-criticism, sadness and anger. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Use positive affirmations when negative thoughts arise.
Practice gratitude. Being grateful for not only the physical things, but your own abilities, changes your perspective. You become more optimistic, confident and happy.
Stop worrying! Don’t stress about the unknown. Story worrying about the future and trust in yourself. Know that once you love yourself, the universe mirrors back with more love and abundance.
Take care of your mental health! And, stop comparing yourself to others.
Feed your passions. Do what you love! Never give up on what matters to you. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, and physical exercise.
Eat with the intent to heal. Feed your body vibrant foods that make you feel good! Challenge yourself to put you first. Recognize when you’re feeling emotionally drained and fill your cup before it’s empty.
Check out my recent post for tips to raise your vibrations and feel aligned and alive!
Express yourself! Communicate your feelings with others. Your needs matter! Often as parents we forget this and it takes a toll on our mental health.
Set goals. Set small, SMART goals and work toward them. Goals allow you to grow and help you gain confidence.
Meditate. Meditation is one of the greatest ways to connect with yourself. It’s in meditation that you quiet your mind from the noise of the world and focus on ways going on inside of you. It’s where you can truly discover yourself and just may be the key to deep self-love.
Write it down! Putting your thoughts on paper is therapeutic. And if you experience a tough time you can look back on better days knowing tough times don’t last forever.
Get help! Never be too ashamed to seek professional help from a doctor, counselor, therapist etc.
Take a minute every day to remember that you are worthy of your love!
Find love… in your friends, family, pets, and most importantly in yourself:)
Love yourself so fiercely that you stand up to self doubt, fears. Love yourself enough to not give up on your dreams and passions. Love yourself so much that you take proper care of yourself. Because when you feel good and fulfilled, you feel happier and more capable. It all starts with self love.
Wrapping Up: Self Love Affirmations
There will be days when you feel disconnected and doubtful. On those days its especially important to read those affirmations for self love.
Make Your Own Self Love Affirmations
Also ask yourself the following self-reflection questions:
Self-Reflection Questions:1. What are some of my favorite personality traits? 2. How do I rebuild my confidence when I am made to feel unloved by another person? 3. What am I grateful for? 4. What are some positive self love affirmations that I can repeat to myself each day?