Have you heard the saying that what you feel is what you attract? If you think about it, if you’re in a low mood, you will see everything from that dark lens of perception. If you are full of happy emotions, then you see things from a more positive place. The best part about it is that you can create the feelings you want and the way you look at the world.
Your mindset and emotions are often created by habit. Over the years, you’ve probably developed some bad mindset habits that you’ve become used to. Let’s take a deeper look at happy, positive emotions and how we can help shift to a more positive mindset.
What Are Happy Emotions?
If you’ve ever seen an emotional scale, then you know about the rating system used. Lower emotions include anger, revenge, sadness, and despair. They are lower on the scale and represent negative energy and emotions.
The higher end of the scale has happy emotions like joy, love, happiness, and inspiration.
At the top of the scale, you will see positive feelings. They represent the higher vibrations of being. Inside your body, you may feel vibrations that come when you think about being happy. The energy pulls you upward and you feel good!
At the bottom of the scale, your energy may start to feel as if it is going down or sinking. Everyone feels down sometimes, but the more aware you become of how you feel and your ability to shift emotions, the better you’ll be at managing.
The higher vibrations are the feelings we want to stay in more often than the lower ones. Being in a higher vibration will help you manifest what you want with ease. But you have to know how to get into a state of being in a higher vibration. Here are a few ways to do that.
Ways to Shift Into a Positive Feeling
1.Notice your thoughts. Become aware of your emotions! How do you feel? Are your emotions happy? Stressed? Overwhelmed? They create your feelings, according to Dr. David Burns, in his book, Feeling Good. Start to think more positive thoughts by saying affirmations. Even if you don’t believe them, they can shift your mood as you repeat them.
Check out these Affirmations For Self Love and Positive Life Quotes.
2. Take in the beauty of nature. Take a walk in nature and notice flowers and plants you like. Take some time to observe them. As you recognize their beautiful features, your mood shifts with your thoughts. Nature is one of the easiest and most effective ways to improve your mood and mental health.
3. Move around. The next time you’re feeling down, take a moment and dance to a favorite song or do a quick exercise. You may want to walk to the next room or outside. By shifting your environment and moving, you interrupt your negative thoughts.
4. Exercise. By exercising, you change your mood. Your body creates more endorphins when you exercise. This is why exercise helps you feel better and more confident.
5. Eat healthy foods. Eat more natural foods like fresh fruits and vegetables. Drop processed food from your meals. Processed food often has carbohydrates that do not fill you up. Instead, you may still be hungry after eating. Try to eat more clean food, and you will notice a more relaxed mood. Try these high vibration foods.
6. Visualize for a few minutes. Use a guided visualization or take a few moments to relax and visualize. When you allow yourself the break, you change emotions by engaging with the movies or images in your mind. Meditation is a great way to give your mind a break.
7. Practice gratitude. Try journaling what happened today that makes you feel grateful. By being in the attitude of gratitude, you allow more positive emotions into your mind. Journaling is a great way to feel good and improve your mood.
Check out my latest course- How to journal for success!
8. Engage your creativity. Take a few moments to paint or play with markers, color or draw, or even use creative apps on your phone or tablet. If you enjoy filming or music, try creating something the next time you’re feeling down. By interacting with your creativity, you go into the positive side of your brain. It is fun to create while being in the moment.
9. Watch something funny. Laughing instantly makes you feel good! There’s literally tons of funny videos at your fingertips right now. Check out YouTube or watch an old favourite comedy! Laughing raises your body’s vibrational energy and helps you attract more good things.
10. Show kindness to others. By doing something for another person, you shift into a state of helping. Call someone and chat about their day to be a listening ear, or bring a box of food to the local food bank.
The most important thing you can do to be more positive is to make a conscious effort to change your attitude. You have the power within you to create happy emotions! Once you accept the fact that life is not always perfect, you can make a positive change. It may take you a few days, weeks, or even months. If you want to be positive, you will make progress, and the shift will be successful.