A Spiritual Self Care Routine To Create Balance In Your Life
Are you feeling disconnected and even unsatisfied? Looking for some peace and balance? Many of us are living such hectic lives that we have lost touch with our spiritual side. This leads us to feel disconnected, overwhelmed and unsatisfied. The cure might be a little spiritual self care to get you started on the right spiritual journey.
Perhaps what you need is a spiritual connection to bring about a sense of balance and completion in your life.
Many people confuse spirituality with religion and believe that spiritual wellness can only come from religious beliefs. But, spiritual balance comes from more than believing in a religion. I’m not religious at all, but I do consider myself a spiritual person.
Some people do seek religion for their spirituality, but spirituality can also be achieved without belonging to a specific religion.
This post contains affiliate links and if you click through and make a purchase I will make a commission at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Essentially, developing spiritual wellness means working toward identifying what you believe in and how well those beliefs can give you inner strength through even the roughest times in life.
When you’ve developed spiritual strength, you can:
- Respond to others honestly, regardless of the situation.
- Express the values that you uphold and stand behind them at all times.
- Understand the meaning of life and become in tune with the meaning of your existence.
- Lead a more fulfilling life.
- Become more resilient.
How do we achieve spiritual wellness? Each of us has to develop our spirituality in own way. Your chosen path may take you on a different journey than another’s.
Other Types Of Self Care:
Here Are 15 Surprising Ways To Be More Spiritual
When you’re ready to begin your journey toward spiritual wellness, consider the following spiritual self care suggestions:
1. Question the purpose of your existence. Ask yourself a few key questions as you go on a quest to achieve balance through spiritual wellness. Self-exploration is the key to developing your spiritual balance.
- What defines me?
- What is the purpose of my existence on the planet?
- What things, people, and ideologies should I be committed to?
- What do I want out of life?
2. Connect to what’s meaningful. After you’ve answered those questions, your next mission is to connect to and identify with the things in life that you want to represent you.
Do you believe in helping others?
Is it your interest to sacrifice the physical aspects of life to gain spiritual strength?
Put the answers to the questions to work.
- Contribute to a charity if you’re inclined to help others.
- Go on a fasting mission to gain endurance and clarity of mind.
3. Test your limits. When you take on challenges, you expand your understanding of a whole new myriad of possibilities for you.
Testing your limits could involve many things. Here are some examples:
- Take on a physical challenge that ordinarily you wouldn’t take on due to fear of failure, disappointment, or the challenge itself.
- Make a decision based on your beliefs even though you know it may not be popular.
- Have the strength to stand by those convictions even if others reject them.
And consider the following spiritual self care activities:
Spiritual Self Care Activities
Meditation: Meditation is a way to calm your mind and relax your body. When you quiet your mind, you raise your body’s vibration and end up feeling good. Use guided meditations or listen to mantras as you sit in a quiet place and just focus on your breath. When you notice your mind wandering and thinking about things like ‘Did I pay that bill?’ And ‘I need to buy laundry soap,’ just go back to quieting your mind and focusing on your breathing.
Nature: Nature is your connection to the universe. Try walking on some earth with your bare feet and you can literally feel the earth’s energy within you. Go for a hike or head to the beach and breath in the fresh air. Allow yourself to fully enjoy the moment.
Gratitude: When you’re thankful, you are in a good place spiritually. Start and end your day with gratitude. Try these gratitude journal prompts or simply write down 5 things you are grateful for each day.
Try these – Gratitude Journal Prompts
Yoga: Yoga helps you bring balance to your mind, body and spirit. It helps release negative energy and strengthens and empowers you inside and out.
Journal: Journal can you develop a great sense of self and is very beneficial on your spiritual journey.
Unplug: When you unplug from social media and technology, you discover things about yourself and the world around you that you may have missed. Limit these distractions and you’ll become more mindful.
Try a Social Media Detox.
Affirmations: Repeating daily affirmations helps cultivate a positive, strong mind and spirit.
Check out these Affirmations for Self Love.
Spiritual Wellness Checklist
Shop Beautiful Spiritual Self Care Journals
Shop these beautiful spiritual self care journals to help keep you on track with your spiritual self development!
Printable Manifestation Journal
Try scripting in this powerful manifestation law of attraction journal!
Self Care Buddha Journal
This spiritual self care journal is so beautifully made and amazing quality. And it is very helpful on your spiritual journey.
Becoming spiritually strong involves believing in something. It involves identifying your purpose and working towards achieving that purpose. Most importantly, it involves becoming truly happy with your life.
Ultimately, the balance you seek will come when you satisfyyour spiritual needs. By taking the steps outlined here, you canput yourself on the right path to spiritual fulfillment.
Achieving spiritual wellness isn’t an overnight process. Through spiritual self care, persistence and dedication, you’ll find yourself connecting with another aspect of your existence that you never realized. More and more things will become clearer to you and you’ll start to experience true inner peace, no matter what challenges you’re faced with!